[cryptome] Re: Truth: Nietzsche, Daoism & Wu Wei

  • From: Todd Judge <toddbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 10:40:05 +0900

Nope, Dougie,
I certainly don't know about anyone else thinks on thought.  I thought about
it, but I don't think I do.   :)
Todd

On Dec 20, 2014, at 8:20 AM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you Shaun.  I have great difficulty with the meaning of recursive...it
defeats me every time, makes my brain go round in circles, backwards and
forwards, like looking in the mirror with another mirror behind.  But, thank
you for taking the plunge.  And, for the moment, I hope you don't mind if I am
going to limit our discussion to what a thought is, rather than going round
about it or looking at it (thought) through smoke and mirrors...I hope you
don't mind if I ask you to develop that area later on...After all, how can one
share a thought, if one doesn't know what a thought is...

In your definition of what you think a thought is...you have used the
scientific physiological view...An electrical impulse in the brain, the firing
of a neuron, a spark, which produces chemical changes...which leads to the
production of a thought.  That is a very good analysis...but does it really
describe...a thought...is that all that a thought is?  I would have thought
that a thought is about a little more than that..And I hope you don't mind if I
ask any of our other colleagues on this list if they have any thoughts, or at
least a thought on this matter... :-)