[affiliate content network] New CF Watertown Article: Are You the Man (or Woman) in the Arena?

  • From: "Lis and Ben" <maximumeffort@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <crossfit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:59:58 -0400

Hello Affiliates!

CF Watertown has a new article - and it's aimed squarely at the CrossFitter
sitting on the fence about going to their local CF Challenge or the CF Games

 You can read it here:
http://crossfitwatertown.typepad.com/index/2008/04/are-you-the-man.html

Here's a sample:

Are You the Man (or Woman) in the Arena?

<http://crossfitwatertown.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategoriz
ed/2008/04/20/rooseveltpo597p.jpg> Rooseveltpo597pI may be foolish but I'm
not timid.

The odds of me winning the CrossFit Albany East Coast Challenge are really,
really small . . . but I'm going. I'm realistic about my chances as a
fortyish female in very good (but not killer Kelly Moore-ish) shape. I'll
probably finish far away from the winners, just like I do in most triathlons
and a good portion of the running and mountain bike races I enter. Where I
finish never has anything to do with why I signed up in the first place. I
am only peripherally competing against other people: mostly, I am competing
against myself. It's no different than having at the WOD: the others make me
go faster just by the fact of them being there, and it's nice to beat them,
but the goal is to beat myself. Matt Williams, the baseball player, put it
this way: "It's not between me and the pitcher. It's between me and the
ball."

As always, please feel free to use it on your blogs! If you do, please
include a link to my website: www.crossfitwatertown.com and/or use the
byline "Lisbeth Darsh/CrossFit Watertown."

Thanks!

Lis

Lisbeth Darsh

CrossFit Watertown

www.crossfitwatertown.com <http://www.crossfitwatertown.com/>

Because Life is Too Short to Spend It on the Elliptical.

JPEG image