Re: CTS community mail

  • From: Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:05:22 +0200

There are two things that irk me. Selective communication and a lack of
consideration.

The fact that Jeeva can communicate something like 'keeping quiet during
training time' instead of 'these are the changes I've made/I am making'
says to me that the training takes priority. I don't mind it, but just be
open about it. Don't leave things open to speculation because this is what
will happen. This is the end result. People will draw their own conclusions
if you don't communicate things properly or not at all.

If you expect me to be at your venue as a paying customer, but you tell me
that I have to keep quiet because of training happening at the venue, that
reeks of inconsideration. I can be considerate enough to abide by your
rules and wishes, but you can't even be considerate enough to inform me
about changes that affect me at your venue. I'm not there for free; I pay
to be there, to use your facilities. But you can't treat me with the same
consideration I treat you. How else should I interpret that?

I'm not against having sessions at both venues, but something's gotta give
here. I don't see why I should be the one to enquire about venue
availability as a paying customer. Such things should be brought to MY
attention. Jeeva has my number; he's sent me smses before. There's nothing
to prevent him from sending me a message during the week to say "the guys
are conducting training this Saturday between such and such a time, so
could you please keep it down during that time or arrive a little later
than usual, etc". But go a step further to also communicate changes that
may have a direct impact on our sessions. Do that, and I have no issues.
Choosing not to communicate certain things makes you start questioning what
exactly said individual's intentions are, not to mention, what he thinks of
you.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx