[cprufc] Tree Planting at Dunston

  • From: Kevin Brown <crufc-cd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Panthers Email List <cprufc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 14:53:45 +0000

Dear Members The Club has been given 12,000 trees by Derbyshire Wildlife Trust
to plant at Dunston as part of the site landscaping package under their Big
Tree Planting scheme. We will be getting these in three lots over the next
three winters. It is the responsibility of the Club to plant the trees and we
have made arrangements already to plant 2,000 of the first batch in partnership
with Derbyshire Probation Services. They will be doing this in January next
year. We now have to arrange the planting of a further 2,000 trees over this
winter.This is an ideal opportunity for local schools, guides and scouts and
any other community organisation to join in and take part in an activity which
will benefit both the Club and the local environment. Derbyshire Wildlife Trust
will be involved along the way, visiting the participants and running classes
or activity sessions for those that are taking part. If you are involved with
any group that would might be interested in getting involved in this project or
if you are able to pass the information on to a school that might join in then
please do so. We can break down the package into lots of small quantities to
suit the size of any group that gets involved. If you have any ideas or want to
discuss further please contact Fred Pell on 01246 857480 or email
thepells@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kevin Brown
01246 235657
0795 849 8642