[cprufc] President's Day

  • From: "Kevin Brown" <crufc-cd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Panthers Email List" <cprufc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:32:02 +0100

As the newly-elected Club President, Pete Amos has announced is his intention
to hold a President’s Day on Sunday August 24th 2014. The President’s Day
festivities are there to be enjoyed for all sections of the Club from the very
youngest to the oldest. It’s not every day we see our players altogether at
Dunston Road, from the rugrats to the grizzled warriors in the Seniors at the
same time.

If at all possible, Pete wants like all sections feel involved and encouraged,
and ready to take part in the festivities and contribute to the overall
enjoyment and success of the day.

As the date chosen is precedes the competitive season for the Mini and Junior
squads there are RFU restrictions on what they can and can’t do, and we can’t
invite players from other Clubs to join in with competitive games. But there
are still things we can do in-house, so if would be great if all sections could
demonstrate some form of exhibition, training or skills.

Along with the proposed rugby skills on display  Pete is also keen for there be
some non-rugby entertainment and distractions available, not just yet whatever
is happening on the pitch with egg-shaped balls.

On the day Pete will also be presenting the President’s Cup (once located) to a
team or individual who, in his opinion, he thinks as having contributed the
most to the Club over the year.

For the future it’s intended to make the Presidents Day a regular fixture to be
held at the end of the season. This first event is a precursor to what will
become the main event, to test the water for  the main one to take place in May
2015.

Regards

Kevin Brown
Hon. Secretary