[CCM] Wanted: CCM Competition Director

  • From: christopher scafero <cscafero@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Corvette Club MI <corvetteclubmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 06:35:14 -0700 (PDT)

CCM Members,

I'd like to step away from being the CCM Competition Director after holding the
position for the past 6 years.  I thought it might be a good idea to write up a
short summary of the job, with a list of responsibilities and desirable skills
that make doing the job easier.

Resposibilities:
-Create a schedule of events and recruit chairpersons for each event
-Interface with autocross site owners to schedule events, coordinate logistics
leading up to events, and follow up after events are completed
-Compile autocross results; work with NCCC Governor to compile NCCC autocross
results
-Work with NCCC Governor to obtain event insurance coverage, supply insurance
to site owners prior to events
-Competition director is responsible for making arrangements to get the Club
trailer to autocross events
-Manage equipment for competition events, including updates and upgrades to
equipment; charge batteries for timing system and transport to events
-Form a Committee to provide decision-making direction to handle issues related
to competition events, have (semi) regular meetings with Committee in order to
do so
-Work with Competition Committee to update CCM Competition Handbook annually
-Attend CCM competition events, ensure events run smooth and be there to make
decisions and handle issues that arise.  Coordinate event "special teams"
(registration, timing, etc.)
-Report to membership regularly at meetings and via Slipstream
-Communicate with NCCC and Detroit Council of Sports Car Clubs (DCSCC) entrants
to provide results and receive feedback for results corrections

Required/desirable skills that make the job easier:
-Passion for CCM Competition and competition/autocross in general.  I find that
attending events outside of CCM helps to maintain a view of the bigger picture
and keep an open mind
-Regular access to email to perform tasks above, as well as communicate with
event chairs, entrants, and potential entrants
-Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.  These tools are used
extensively for compiling results, creating schedules, publishing reports, etc.
-Willingness to learn new (old) computer software.  Our autocross timing
software is a bit dated, and takes some time to get familiar with
-Familiarity with CCM/NCCC and DCSCC rules.  This will make your life much
simpler

The position of Competition Director is a critical role within CCM, being that
CCM is very competition-oriented.  We need someone to step up and fill the
role.  I will be more than happy to provide assistance and guidance in any way
that is required, and I plan to maintain a position on the Competition
Committee in order to so.  Please contact myself and/or Mary Wentzel if you are
interested.

Thanks,
Chris Scafero
CCM Competition Director, 2008-2013