[cor_list_trial] Re: First Public Request for Participation

  • From: Kern Mann <kern.mann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cor_list_trial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:49:34 -0500

That's exactly what it means John. A non-posting member would receive all list posts via email, but would not be able to participate in the list in any other way. It would save them the trouble of having to continually check the archives for new posts. At the time, this would take 'manual' administration just to set up this type of subscription. In the future, after this trial phase, we should keep this in mind in order to be certain that the list host (or hosting software) we'll be using allows for non-posting subscribers to easily self subscribe and unsubscribe.

Kern

--

Kern Mann
Library Systems Technician

kern.mann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

John Larochelle wrote:
Interesting. I would support any member becoming a non-posting member of the list as long as it does not create an administrative problem. The transactions would be transparent in the archives. Being a non-posting member means that the member will get the communication when posted.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kern Mann" <kern.mann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>