[CTS] Re: printing in pink

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:24:19 -0500

I would first try to uninstall the driver for it (assuming you have your
reinstall disk) and then reinstall a clean copy. Also dependant on the type
of cartridge you should clean the contacts on the cartridge and the carrier
using a little alcohol and soft cloth to be sure that good electrical
contact is occuring. Additionally if the new cartridge has residue on the
bottom (if you can see the printing jets area) then the spittoon/sump might
have a buildup of excess causing an odd coloration. Of course i can also be
things like a bad cable, bad electronics, etc but check these things first.

In the future it's a good thing to mention the brand, model and what
interface (serial, usb, parallel, network) as some items have peculiarities
that are more easily pinpointed. All I can assume that it is a color inkjet
printer.

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm