[CTS] Re: avg anitvirus software

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ecvogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:11:38 -0400

Not really, AOL mail does take longer. I am tring to get NAV Corp for the
PC's and server at work. Costly $300 something for 10 users (6 PC's One
Server 1 Remote (8 users) and anouther 3 for a 11-22 Exchange Server AV
protection. CDW left it there. I have to call Symantec to see if they have a
10 user.

I assume the NAV Corp does not do e-mail scanning live NAV 2002.

These software companies are making it hard for small business. I do thank
Microsoft for the $500 rebate on SBS 2000. But doesn't help us, got suckered
into the assurance. I will blow a gasket if Microsoft doesn't put SBS 2003
out in time. I think we have till Sept./Oct. 2003. (If it works out like
this it is cheaper than buying SBS 2002 upgrade + 5 Bump pack upgrade, then
doing the same for SBS 2003 again. We paided the $200 extra to save some
$$$.)

ArcServe stopped its backup Suite for SBS servers. Now we are back to Win2k
backup program. (MSFT added Exchange Server backup so that saved some $$$
with ArcServe). ArcServe's prices are not cheap one you add on the exchange
module, open file modual, and SQL server modual (Do not use SQL enough to
care about backup. Only SharePoint Portal Server uses it.)
  Eric C. Vogel - Great Lakes NTug Member
  Computer Talk Shop List Owner:
          http://www.computertalkshop.com