[CTS] Updates

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:05:12 EDT

http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/updates/

A list of all available MS updates. Some people have been ratholing copies of
all the updates offered at the Windows update site. You can download them
from the list above.
Pushing the envelope I installed IE6 from the MS Security CD, installed any
missing security updates that were on the CD, then downloaded and installed the
remaining updates from the about list.
Then I copied all the files for IE6 and all the updates into the Windows
update files folder.
Then, using Nero, I made an ISO image of that folder. The result is an ISO
image of about 130 MB which will open in a virtual CD drive or ISOBuster where
can extract one or all those files to replace the current install.
As further updates come in I will add them to the updates folder, make a new
ISO, and delete the older one. Making the ISO takes seconds so it's fast, neat
and sanitary. And of course the ISO is a much more secure method of storing
139 files.

Age is not a particularly interesting subject.
Anyone can get old.
All you have to do is live long enough
.Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)