[CTS] Re: Steaming Music Device.

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ECVogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:57:03 -0400

 With the linksys, I can take it outside, maybe play it in the kitchen when
 company is over. I will not be able to leave a pc on to stream the files I
 want. I can, but parents are complaining about the electricity bills, and
 with the linksys I can leave the laptop off. My personal feeling is take
the
 electric bill stop your complaining... (restraining). They are using my
 $42/month 3mbs Comcast connection. I may chip in $10 a month, as I may end
 up having to leave a PC all the time for another reason if it goes through.
 Lets see a mono 19-inch tv (old) to a 32 inch, and a cheap 5.1 surround
 sound (people think we paid a ton for it, and I think my parents did.) The
 reciever is off for normal tv viewing.

 I use my laptop sometimes my Smart Display is on to watch TV on it via MCE.
 My reciever maybe on also to listen to music or hooked up to laptop.

 I turned off United Devices cancer finder :( Laptop runs lot quiter so I
 assume less electricity when the P-IV 2.8Ghz HT is not at 100% all the
time.
 Not as much as a mobile chip, but with a desktop replacement you get a
 desktop CPU. But at least the fans are less than 1/2 going now. I will soon
 get a think to lift the laptop up so I can get the LCD at screen level and
 should help with cooling more.

 Thank you,
 Eric Vogel
 http://shelluser.mvps.org