[CTS] Re: Shameless Plug!

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:49:59 +1300

You might think of masking the list posting address etc on the page. If not, the first thing that will happen is a spam bot will collect it and begin sending junk mail to it. Knowing freelists it won't get through, but the moderator will get all the returned mail with the fake addresses on it.

Can I suggest putting the address on an image and displaying that? The bots can't read them. The other way I find works is to include the posting address in the welcome email (not the website), so nobody gets it who shouldn't.

Charles R. Buchanan wrote:

Thought I would plug the below listed mailing list.  Thought I would
join in and catch all those who's jumping off the IE bandwagon! :-)
Looking for all who wants to come. Novices and experts. Especially the
experts! ;-)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programing, already in
progress. (Except those on the West Coast)  :-)

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=mozilla_firefox

-- Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig> ICQ number 112663246 Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786 Award winning web site at http://modecideas.com?sig Order my latest e-book at http://modecideas.com/dmaxhits.htm?sig PC-HELPERS list subscribe/unsub at http://modecideas.com/discuss.htm?sig Good advice is like good paint- it only works if applied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm