[CTS] Re: Light Bulb for Murray

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:11:39 -0800

Haven't did any serious shopping there in awhile now! :-(   Usually if I
need something I know they have, I go in, get it, and get out. :-O  Stay
any longer and I'll buy the place up! :-D

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:24:20 -0800, cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx took time to say the
following:

> Chas, speaking of the 99 cenys only store did you run across some
> Country Crock spread,  Pumpkin Spice flavored, in the refer case ?
> A 16 ounce plastic tub, orange like pumpkin and gooder than hell. I buy
> their Russian Rye black bread for toast and use that spread on the hot
> toast. I'm telling you... they don't serve that by candlelight at the
> Gore chateaux.
> It's so good I feel guilty eating it !

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:58:22 -0800, "Charles R. Buchanan"
> <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> > Do you buy carbon credits too? <bseg> :-D
> >
> > On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:36:10 -0800, cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxx took time to say
> > the following:
> >
> > > Eric, your grandma doesn't need that type of bulb for her lamp. The
> > > spiral wound florescent types, approximately the same diameter as a
> > > regular incandescent bulb, were everywhere here a month or two ago. I
> > > bought some @4 for 99 cents, some were two for 99 cents, all depending
> > > on where you bought them. The 100 watt replacement bulbs consume 23
> > > watts, and produce more illumination than a 100 watt incandescent.
> > > Look in your Dollar Store or 99 Cents Only store, and even my
> > > supermarket had some, so look around. The wineries in Napa Valley are
> > > spending thousands of dollars converting everything possible to
> > > florescent lighting. The 100 watt equivalent uses 23 watts for a 77%
> > > savings. The wineries are shooting for a 60% savings across the board
> > > and when you consider they spend thousands for power every year a 60%
> > > savings is a substantial chunk of change.
> > > If grandma only installs one bulb in her reading lamp she may not even
> > > notice a difference in her power bill. Get a dozen bulbs and change any
> > > that you can. I'm even trying to find one to use in the hood over the
> > > kitchen range.
> > >
> > > YMMV

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm