[CTS] Re: I need help with formatting- dual booting same c drive

  • From: Hal Brown <hal@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:44:07 -0500

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 09:28:56AM -0800, Jacqueline MacWhirter duly noted:

>I have been having a time of it. I am dual booting .  I want to format c:
>drive--it won't let me it says other app. in use. Window Me and Windows 2000
>are on the same c drive. Is there a way I can do this properly? I want to
>wipe them both out and install a fresh new copy of windows 2000. I tried to
>uninstall but its not working. I installed Window Me first then later
>Windows 2000 . I have a full version of Windows 2000 pro I don't know how I
>managed to get them both on the C drive but they are.  I want to stay on fat
>32. table--as I am now.-----Thanks Loads--Jackie
>
>PS. I did change the C drive with Partition Magic using Windows 2000 to make
>it larger

--------end quoted text----------

Wipe it out with Partition magic and format it with whatever app you're
comfortable with, such as fdisk.  If you just repartition the drive, even a
little, that will ruin the data, then you can format.

--
"Some guy hit my fender the other day, and I said unto him, 'Be fruitful and
multiply.'   But not in those words".             Woody Allen

--
Hal Brown
mailto: hal@xxxxxxxx

List HowTo: http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/faq