[CTS] Re: Fred must have been watching ????????

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:02:26 +1200

An old version of CHECKIT might be suitable, although its RAM checking routine sometimes crashes.

Cuffy10@xxxxxxx wrote:

Questions about the advertisers? See the end of this note. Please also see legal notices at the end of this note. LangaList: ISSN 1533-1156 3) Free RAM Testers
Fred, I know you have covered this somewhere; you've covered everything since the day before the sinking of the Titanic:)
I would like to get a RAM tester -- probably under DOS, but under WINDOWS if available. I have a very old one, PCPRO, that still works, but it is archaic.

Thank You, James Boatwright
There's a bunch, James. Perhaps the best known is the venerable MemTest86:
http://www.google.com/search?q=memtest86 .
Microsoft also offers a free memory tester of its own: see http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2003/2003-08-21.htm#2

"When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room."
Woody Allen

-- Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig> ICQ number 112663246 Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786 Award winning web site at http://modecideas.com?sig Order my latest e-book at http://modecideas.com/dmaxhits.htm?sig PC-HELPERS list subscribe/unsub at http://modecideas.com/discuss.htm?sig Good advice is like good paint- it only works if applied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm