[CTS] Re: Flash drives.

  • From: Hal Brown <hal.brown@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:23:56 -0500

This is from the 1 review of this model. I was thinking about buying it. I've had good luck with Sandisk and Corsair. Think I'll stick with those.

Hal

*Cons:* There are apparently widespread problems with data corruption on this model. For me, any file larger than about 100 Mb became corrupted. The USB connector is also very janky, and the "aluminum casing" is really just two pieces of aluminum glued to a plastic chassis. There aren't even any screws on the thing.

*Other Thoughts:* Should have done my research first. Google the model number and you'll see many similar complaints. I don't know why PNY would let something like this out of the lab. Terrible product.

PNY MaxFile Attache 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive for $50 shipped
11:13 am ET, Feb 2, 2007
 newegg.com offers the PNY MaxFile Attaché 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive,
 model no. P-HD08GU20-RF, for $49.99. With free 3-day shipping, that's
 half off the best price we could find for this drive elsewhere.
 Features include an anodized aluminum housing, LED activity indicator,
and protective carrying case with belt clip. Rebate expires February 3. 8GB.......... hell, I ran Win95 on a smaller drive than that !

Hal Brown
email: hal.brown@xxxxxxxx