[CTS] Epson C82

  • From: Hal <hbrown@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:57:36 -0400

This question is mostly for Russ, but I thought I would share it with everyone, just in case someone else has this problem.

I have an Epson C82 inkjet printer, less than 2 years old, but out of warranty. There is something wrong with it mechanically. It won't print, the ink is very light, smudgy, a lot of missing spots on a page. I've tried all the usual stuff, replaced cartridges, cleaned it, etc, but this is not doing any good. I found on the net that a lot of people are having this problem with this printer, and it seems that some hoses (very tiny of course) somehow come loose under the ink cartridges. I don't know if this is the case with this one, but something is definitely wrong.

Question:
Is this worth having repaired by a service person? I like this printer, but my son-in-law is having the same problem with a C80.

BTW, I just ordered a new HP 7960 photo printer. But if its feasible to have the Epson repaired, then I would do that as well.

Thanks,

Hal

-- Hal Brown http://adwt.com email: hal@xxxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm