[CTS] Re: Doubts on Kaspersky Anti-Hacker 1.5

  • From: "Michael" <muirhead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:51:42 -0700

It's not a real attack.

The reason it's reported that way by AH is the way Overnet's P2P
distribution works.

Completely distributed and self organizing network. No central servers.

It depends entirely on connected machines to do the distribution-management
work.  When you fire it up and search a file, you'll get responses from
every machine in the network that has that file to share, and if you
download a file, it might come at you in pieces sent from 20 places at once.

((U))

-

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm