[CTS] Re: DVD drive...... Murrsy

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:01:32 EST

In a message dated 2/5/2005 2:37:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mreid30@xxxxxxxxx writes:

From now on I think I will stick to one brand (memorex dvd-r) and avoid
compatibility problems.

    I don't have very much experience with dvd discs as of yet, I'm still in
trial and error on those (HP discs seem to be good and I think the other kind
I've used is Imation), but I will avoid anything made by Memorex or Maxell or
even BASF (if they still exist) because I've had all kinds of bad things
happen to stuff I recorded on their tapes years ago.  To me, they (those two
companies) are junk!!  Stuff I've recorded on their tapes either erases itself
over
time or eventually sounds like it's being played under water and has tons of
drop outs (one or both channels suddenly goes very quiet for a little while).
The only time I recorded on BASF was a live Genesis concert and the entire
tape only had one channel recorded and I know they were both coming through the
cassette deck while I was recording it.
    A live King Crimson concert from `75 on a Maxell reel now sounds like the
tape has been wrinkled.
    I used to have the live broadcast of what would later become Todd
Rundgren's "Back To The Bars" album, but the Memorex tape made it sound so bad
after
about 5 years, there was no point to keeping anymore.  )-:
    So, on your own head be it.

                            Dale