[CTS] Black screen

  • From: DavisUnit <davist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:44:27 -0400

I've got a Compaq Presario 6330 XP Home system here which after booting up,
displays the mouse pointer, and nothing else, just a black screen.  Booting
into Safe Mode shows the same thing except the "safe mode" text is in 4 corners.
The mouse moves normally, but I can't seem to do anything with the keyboard to
either bring up the Task List, or exiting windows through the Start Menu key.
I did a repair install, and during this time, video, mouse and keyboard all
work normally.  After the repair when XP boots normally or I force it into Safe
Mode, the same results occur as before the repair install.

Any ideas?
Terry

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm