[CTS] Re: AOL Backup

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:05:02 EDT

In a message dated 4/29/04 11:55:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ECVogel@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I have not seen the PC yet, but she claims they are not there on the new PC.
If she bought a new PC, installed AOL, and opened her address book, she is
looking at the same account that she left when she closed it on the old PC.
There is nothing to transfer, nothing to backup, nothing to copy ?????
If she deleted all the addy's from the old PC before she got rid of it ???
she is SOL....... they are gone forever.
ALL AOL addy's are on the AOL server and you got them when you open the
account from anywhere.If she doesn't have them on the new one they weren't on
the
old one when she logged off the last time. She may have deleted them from the
server thinking she was cleaning her machine prior to dumping it. They were
never on the machine so she can't delete them from there. If they are gone she
deleted them from the AOL server and she now can't get them back on ANY machine
by opening that account.
There is nothing more I can say since I don't know anymore !!!

"Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you
don't. -- Pete Seeger"