Re: Question for all you sages

  • From: "Rebecca T Garvin" <zfwl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:28:13 -0400

Dear Mrs. Evil,

How do you know it's not true love? For him, she may be "the one". For someone who buffs in the buff...except for the shiny red boots...aren't you being a little harsh?

Dave, the only position I found in Europe listed with TESOL Career Services was this one in Bulgaria. How far is Bulgaria from Paris? Do they have wolves in Bulgaria? I don't know, but your friend can check it out at:

http://www.vv-vv.com/tesol/?a=j&id=YRY8NNSL2F

Chad, congratulations on your new baby Erica. Hope everything is going well and mother and child are home by now. For a baby born 4 weeks early, five pounds ? ounces is a good birth weight. I wish you would bottle her smell and send it to me. Nothing smells as good as new people.

Mysti, sounds like your life is way too boring. You need to come visit me in Murray, Kentucky. I'm enjoying the internal dialogue you're sharing with the listserve. I still laugh when I think of the earring and the construction workers episode. I think someone needs to be collecting some of these messages for a tell-all, true confessions of composition teachers best-seller. Have you been able to go home yet?

Amy, I bought a copy of Truss's Eats, Shoots & Leaves to read in prep for your article. It's the British version with British idioms. Did you read the American version? I don't know if I'll understand all the British idioms but I do know the difference in the interpretation of the idiom "to get knocked up" in American and British cultures.

Andrea, how did your half-time award ceremony go? What's left for you to accomplish? You da woman!

Don, I'd love to hear about your dog, or better yet, send me a picture of Bea-gal. I'm missing my beagle like crazy but don't want to get another one until I can stay home more.

Hi Chris and Shar, I'll be going to Bangkok in December, but can't find a flight that goes through Guam. One of these days....
Kathleen, sounds like your new position is working for you. I look forward to seeing many of you in Chicago at 4Cs next year.
My best to all of you. Take care, Becky

 Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:19:39 +0000
 "Natalie Dorfeld" <natalie_dorfeld@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hola, Dave -- Why would your friend want to leave fresh air, wide open spaces, and a plentiful wolf population for a 15 year old French prostitute named Cloe with webbed feet? It just doesn?t make sense to me. Off to accuse the chestnuts of being lazy again. This dissertation stuff is really messing with my head. No, really. -- Mrs. Evil