RE: Faculty meeting "I'm up in arms!"

  • From: "Joanna Paull" <joannapaull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:08:29 -0400

As for Hayward's class, I saw a "*" as well.  Nancy did tell me that
there were others in our class who turned in things late, so she didn't
want to submit the grades until everyone's was done.  I'm sure if you
ask her, she'll tell you what you have.  Give her an email.

Now, if you need advice about working with a freshman comp exit exam, I
have nothing.  I have never had any power in order to make those types
of changes. Of course, you might try having them offer documented
reasoning for having this exit exam (perhaps some texts?).  I'd like to
see what they have to say about it.  In your own defense, you could
offer a list of sources that show why exit exams are not a good idea.
Joanna