Re: Dinner & More

  • From: "LeeAnn (Mysti) Marie Rudd" <bkjl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:46:51 -0400

I would love to go to Benjamin's for dinner.
I would also love for someone to write two papers for me, a book
review, and a reader's log.
well, maybe i'll do the reader's log myself--
but the rest is definitely up for grabs.
the problem is,
i don't care about anything anymore.
but i'm proud to say that the vodka remains untouched
wherever amy hid it in the back of my car.

did it ever occur to anyone that iup doesn't really exist--
that it's like a twilight zone episode or a harry potter thing where
you can only get there by bashing a cart into a pillar?
and why, oh why, once we get there, do we never want to leave?
(and here, i realize, i may be projecting),
but you must admit that there is something eden-esque about
the coffee shop, the meadows, the overpriced picnic in the groves, the
loud and cold computer lab, the fireflies before it rains, the
umbrellas left behind--
okay, okay--i get it now--it's all about excapism and the comforting
familiarity of routine,
but besides all that,
i have never loved a group of people more--
while simultaneously loving you individually--
although it sounds like i am describing an orgy--
you are my best friends in the world--
and i already miss you dearly
and long to return to eden.

Mysti
lightning bugs, thetheOn Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:43:25 -0400 (EDT)