RE: Cheese balls . . .

  • From: "Joanna Paull" <joannapaull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 12:36:01 -0400

Oh, I hear ya. I have a student who included her notes and quiz on
plagiarism (the only quiz I give, which is open notes and held directly
after our discussion about plagiarism, I might add) in her final =
portfolio.
Then, twenty pages later, in her final paper, she plagiarizes about =
seven
sections.  She actually plagiarized the same two sentences three times =
in
her paper.  Lacks the creativity of varying her information, I guess.  =
Yeah,
I'm failing her. No, I don't feel like chatting with her about it.  She
clearly knows she broke the rules. Her portfolio proves it.  Ha ha. I'll =
be
keeping that portfolio, though she requested it back for when she =
transfers.
Not with credits from my class.

I hate that students don't listen to this crap anyway. It seems like I =
am
wasting my time even discussing it with them anymore.  Anyone out there =
have
some solid lessons that seem to work for them?  Please share.