A computer-related query

  • From: "Klompien, Kathleen J." <KKlompien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'PMC list' <PMC-L@xxxxxxx>, "'IUP 1st yr. list'" <comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:35:34 -0700

Anyone know if all flash disks are created equally?
My choices when ordering from the catalog (on the university's dime) are
between a Sandisk Cruzer flash drive or a Memorex USB 2.0 travel drive. They
are both 128 MB and cost between $65-70 (we get a 30% discount. Thoughts?
Are they pretty much the same? Is the price crazy?

Any help would be appreciated!

--K

ps-PMCers:  We have 12 of out necessary 25 takers on the bumper stickers. If
anyone wants one please let me know by tomorrow night.

Thought for the day from Sojourners:  How Republican does this sound to you?

"I wear the black in mournin' for the lives that could have been, each week
we lose a hundred fine young men.  And I wear it for the thousands who have
died, believen' that the Lord was on their side. I wear it for another
hundred thousand who have died, believen' that we all were on their side."

- Johnny Cash, from the song, "Man in Black."

Kathleen J. Klompien

Faculty Director

University Writing Center

California State University Los Angeles