[CoMoDev] Re: The state of Java for Palm OS

  • From: "Sue Spielman" <sspielman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:47:46 -0600

Hi David. Yes, I'm reading this :).
Tonight is going to be focused on coming up to speed on J2ME MIDP, so I'm
not going to much into PalmOS stuff. But you should certainly have a good
understanding of what's available in MIDP when I'm done tonight, so I'd
actually be interested in having a discussion on this list about the
differences between the two. And I do cover the acronyms tonight, so you'll
be able to spew them with the best of 'um. :). I'm not going into IBM's WME,
but I do give it a mention. Mostly I'm using the WTK because it's free for
people to get started with.

I'll make the PP (or will PDF them) available after the talk. They usually
post the slides on the djug site.

I'll probably be getting there only moments before you do...but please stop
by and say hi!
Sue