[CoMoDev] MS announces free mobile/embedded developer resource kit

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:23:53 -0600

Microsoft just announced a free developer resource kit for mobile and embedded
software development:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/prodtechinfo/platforms/windowsmobile/resourcekit/default.aspx

I don't know how much new stuff there is here, but basically it bundles all the
free software that MS has already released (eMbedded Visual C++, the various
PPC and Smartphone SDKs and emulators, and the Compact Framework SP2
redistributable) with "20 new technical articles" and "20 new case studies".
Also something they call "Developer Power Toys." It all comes in the mail on a
DVD.

The price is right, so why not?

Well, one possible reason why not: I got an  HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error when I
tried to order mine! ;-)  Check back later, I'm sure they'll have it fixed.

David