[codeface] shiny server

  • From: florian.peguet@xxxxxx
  • To: codeface@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:39:27 +0100 (CET)

Dear all,

I managed to solve my previous problem ( the command xsltproc was not installed
and seems to be mandatory for cppstats, maybe it could be a good thing to add
apt-get install xsltproc, in the README process)

"Codeface test" now give the same result wether I execute it from the
regensburg server or the docker images.
The enhancements of analyses for project may be pass on the docker instance
since I use git clone.

I am now thinking about using shiny server so that users can use codeface
easily from their web browser, but I got errors.

When I run shiny server (with the command shiny-server shiny-server.config)
from my computer (same as the regensburg-server)  I got this at localhost with
firefox :
ERROR: impossible to find the function "breadcrumbOutput".
Have I missed something?

for docker, it is harder to run shiny-server,  because localhost is running on
the virtual container and not on the real computer/server. The solution is to
create a bridge between ports.
I tried to make a bridge for port 8081 where the shiny server may run but i got
Page not found on my web browser. This means something happened otherwise I
would get "connection failed"

for now I don't understand why I don't get the previous error with docker
(breadcrumbOutput not found) .
Is there more than one port to bind?

I use docker like that:
 docker run -p port_on_docker:port_on_the_real_computer
folder_name/my_image_name:tag

Florian.