[citw150] L5 Q2 E-MAIL NEWSLETTERS

  • From: CK Yanz <ckottinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 06:45:19 -0700 (PDT)

  3/21/07: I subscribed to several e-newsletters.  I subscribed to the Lansing
State Journal e-newsletter through the online LSJ site
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com. It offered me options of morning, midday
and breaking news updates, so I selected all three. I got a confirmation right
away. I signed up for one from http://www.askvetadvice.com; this is not a
daily, so I don?t know if I?ll get one soon enough to be useful for this class.
I also signed up for two from http://www.about.com; a daily newsletter, About:
Today, described as ?Featuring the best from About.com?, and a weekly
veterinary medicine newsletter. To register for these, I was inundated with
pages of ?offers?, and required to give a street address and ZIP code. I did
NOT give them my real one! I got confirmations on both newsletter signups right
away, and started getting About: Today immediately.

  3/24/07: I have gotten the LSJ newsletters, as promised, in the morning, at
midday, and whenever there is breaking news. It?s informative and has links to
the site if I want to look for other things. The About: Today newsletter is
O.K.?it?s just a bunch of random stuff, some interesting and some not. I
received my first About: Veterinary newsletter today; it is a weekly, as it
turns out. The focus this week is on the pet food recall that has been making
headlines, and it has some good information. I haven?t seen the one from
askvetadvice.com yet.

Claudia Ottinger
  ckottinger@xxxxxxxxx
  >^..^< http://www.myspace.com/claudiathecatlady
  "Dogs come when you call. Cats take a message and get back to you later."

Looking for earth-friendly autos?