[citw150] CITW160 L6 Q6

  • From: Ian Fechko <fechki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:53:36 -0800 (PST)

Telnet is mainly used to communicate between a server and a client, you are
also able to access storage devices and control server functions without
actually being in front of the machine. My main resource for information on
Telnet was  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telnet

I practiced using Telnet at  telnet://140.147.254.3 .
I was able to essentially "browse" through different copyright information by
using text based commands. I learned that the "HELP" command is nearly
universal on Telnet servers.

Ian Fechko
fechki@xxxxxxxxx
fechko@xxxxxxxxxxx