[citw150] CITW150: L5 Q2 Newsletters

  • From: Russ Corkins <corkir_lcc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:24:02 -0800 (PST)

I picked 2 news letters:

  Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
  http://www.eere.energy.gov

  Sgt. Grit USMC Newsletter
  http://www.grunt.com/scuttlebutt/freenewsletter.asp

  Both newsletters are once a week, with the EERE coming on Friday's and the
USMC on Thursdays.

  I like the EERE as I have a Flex Fuel vehicle and have become increasingly
frustrated  that there are not many gas stations that offer E85.  This
newsletter, among other things, reports about E85, and new laws, availability,
etc relating to the sale of the fuel.  The newsletter is easy to navigate, and
easy to read.

  My favorite newsletter is the one from Sgt Grit.  With a son in the USMC
deployed to Iraq, this newsletter offers a refreshing change from the constant
horrors being reported in the newspaper.  It offers jokes, touching stories, as
well as reports from other families (sometimes) on how their marine is doing.

  Regards,
  Russ Corkins

Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low  PC-to-Phone call rates.