[citw150] CITW L3 Q5

  • From: Curtis Cooper <lesson3email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:27:18 -0700 (PDT)

For my societal issue, I chose internet fraud.

Internet fraud is any kind of a fraud plot that involves one or more parts of
the internet, such as chat room or e-mail. One major type of  fraud that has
come to the forefront of national interest is identity theft. The internet can
make it easier for someone to steal an identity due to anonymity, false
redirection websites, email, and more.  A smart identity thief that knows hot
to utilize the internet is a tough person to bring to justice.

Other types of fraud making the rounds on the internet include: martketing,
credit card, investment, business, and auction/retail schemes.

For additional reading, check out:
http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fraud/text/Internet.htm

-Curtis Cooper
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those that don't."

http://mail.yahoo.com