[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q5 - File Sharing

  • From: Eric W <eric_wohlfert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ListServ <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:31:53 -0800 (PST)

Peer-to-Peer File Sharing

  This is like the big music programs like "Napster" and "WinMX" Where you can
download music files for free from other users of these programs. I believe
this is wrong. You are basically stealing music from the bands that are putting
this music out. But at the same time I think it should be able to be done,
because lets say I am thinking about buying a CD but I am not sure yet. I think
downloading them for "previewing" purposes is fine as long as you delete them.
Also I think it can be good for new artists to get their music out there for
people to hear. But just remember just because it is out there I dont think you
should just be able to download a CD for free, burn it onto a CD - RW and then
never pay for anything. If you are going to download I think the only way to us
these programs fairly is to delete them within a day or so of downloading them.
I think this like I said before will make it so you can preview music and hear
new artists but not just steal there songs wit
 hout
 paying them anything. Also like ITunes programs works where you pay 99 cents
for each song which I think is also very fair because then you dont have to buy
a whole CD when you like 2 songs on it but at the same time you are giving the
artists there share from producing that song.

  http://pediatrics.about.com/b/a/025279.htm
  This website talks about parents that are surprised about the lawsuits that
are being put in the courts about music sharing. It also talks about how it is
illegal.

Eric Wohlfert

"If you're gonna get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess
I'll just have to stop doing stupid things." - Homer Simpson

 Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.