[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q4 Kidney Theft

  • From: "Nathan Gates" <nategates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 18:30:24 -0400

While everyone remembers hearing about the guy who woke up in a bathtub full of ice with his kidneys stolen, I am hear to tell you that it was a hoax. The website that I found this hoax at goes on to say that several similar incidents happened in Texas, India, Tijuana, and Washington D.C. However, the particular story that everyone has heard is untrue. The article points out the mandatory writing style of an Urban Legend, for instance, no names, the story always gets newer, and the victim and the person writng the email are always related.

For more information about this hoax and others go to: http://www.nonprofit.net/hoax/catalog/Kidney_Theft/organ_theft.htm

Have a good weekend.
Nate

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.
-Sam Ewing

NateGates@xxxxxxxxxxx
Nate Gates