[chaoscope] Re: soo... (how many equations)

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 00:50:10 +0100

Hi again Kaze, hello all,

that is an awesome piece of work ^ .^ i've lost count now, how many new equations are there since you released 0.2 to the public?

So far I've added four:

Chaotic flow :
It can be very to Lorenz and Lorenz-84, which, I understand, are also chaotic flows because the equation governs the movement of the orbit rather than its position. It's programmable, not only you can change the constants of the equation (or parameters, like for every other attractors) but you can also choose where X, Y and Z appear in the equation. So basically, when you press F3, the equation is randomized too. (unless you decide otherwise by excluding the right parameters)

Polynomial Function (Abs, Power and Sin) :
These ones I found in Julien Sprott's book on strange attractors. They are three variations of the classical polynomial function. I grouped them under the same attractor (the function is a separate option like the number of IFS matrices) because the equations are similar, although the attractors are clearly distinct from one equation to the other.

I want to implement one last equation, Neural Network, another creation of Julien Sprott, although I haven't had the chance to measure its potential yet. It might not make the grade.

Nicolas Desprez