[chadfree] How to Know When Unsubscribing Isn't Safe

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:04:48 -0800

How to Know When Unsubscribing Isn't Safe
January 31, 2006
By Brian Livingston

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/columns/executive_tech/article.php/3581741

 E-mail newsletters like mine -- the ones that are sent by legitimate
publishers, anyway -- proudly proclaim, "You can unsubscribe at any time!"

But how do you know that for sure? What if unsubscribing from an e-mail
newsletter actually prompted the publisher to sell your e-mail address to
spammers, who then sent you more spam?

Now there's an easy way to know in advance whether it's safe to subscribe to or
unsubscribe from an e-mail list. Best of all, it's free. And I'll bet that the
details of some innocent-looking unsubscribe forms that are not safe to use
will shock you.

more on the web page

Mike

chadfree-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx