[chadfree] Can't Unistall - Use Wndows Installer CleanUp Utility

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:16:48 -0800

If you are like me and have problems finding a way to uninstall a
program their is a Microsoft utility that can help:
Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Unfortunately it only works on XP and with programs using a Windows
Installer.

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will remove all the folders, files,
registry keys, and entries from your  XP system and allow you to
start over.

First you need to download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility from
the Microsoft Download Center. (This is a direct download link)
<http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe>

Save it to a folder so you can find it again.

Open the folder and find and run msicuu2.exe to install the
Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.

Start the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility on the Start menu.

From the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility window, the program
in the list and click the Remove button.

After the program has been removed, click the Exit button to close the
utility.

You should be able to reinstall the application now if you wish.

Mike

chadfree-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx