[celestialprime] Re: Alliance Agreement between CPA & FKA

  • From: IsaRevived@xxxxxxx
  • To: celestialprimealliance@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 03:14:39 EDT

In a message dated 10/10/2006 2:59:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
askmesomeday@xxxxxxxxx writes:

A  non-CPA writer receiving a Muse award? That would seem a bit like crushing
a  tradition that the CPA has always upheld. Really it's in the name only, so
 perhaps it could be called something else other than the "Muse." Just seems
a  little personal to me. Not that it matters in the long  run.

I think the big points to remember are (1) the  bigger recruiting pool
between CPA and FKA as a result of the agreement and (2)  as FKA has not had an
in-Sim and inter-Sim competition comparable to LotM and  Muse (during the
heyday
of the FKA and its then - weekly newsletter, the USS  Hornet, the staff of the
newsletter would select 3 logs and announce which was  the Log of the Week but
there was no competition between ships and only a few  CO's handed out
writing commendations on a regular basis; the Hornet all but  ceased
publication for
quite a while in mid-2001), I think that this would  provide a lot of people,
FKA members as well as CPA ones, to have a bigger  incentive to write.

    By the middle of 2004, I was a participant in no  less than 13 Sims, 4 at
FKA and 9 here at CPA. The log writing here was fast and  furious. It was
also that way on my e-mail FKA Sim at the time, the Golden  Eagle, which had a
total of 11 members who were both FKA and CPA members. 2004  was our vintage
year in that Sim and it wasn't any coincidence.

    Just what's in a name? The term "muse," to the best  of my knowledge,
can't be copyrighted. There is everything, as I see it, to gain  and nothing to
lose from this agreement.