[cdvdburn] Re: CDVDBurn and Blu-Ray

  • From: "Steffen Huber" <steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 02:40:47 +0200 (MEST)

Tim Powys-Lybbe<tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message of 4 Apr, "Steffen Huber" <steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Somebody please take the ADFS sources from ROOL and add UDMA support,
> > or we'll have to wait really long until those 50 GB are written ;-)
>
> Eh?  Could not follow the last line.

The IYONIX ADFS only supports UDMA for IDE operations (i.e. harddiscs),
not for ATAPI operations (i.e. optical drives). This results in rather slow
overall performance when writing CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays. Around 2 MB/s.

So how long will it take to write those 50 GB max. to a dual layer
Blu-Ray medium?

I'm not very good at this low-level stuff, especially not in ASM, so I
am just trying to motivate people to take a shot ;-)

Steffen

--
Steffen Huber           LambdaComm System - Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx