[Civil Air Patrol] After Action Report--182 Training

  • From: "Scott Voichoskie" <ctyadm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:34:14 -0600

ALCON:

I think things went well this weekend.  So well, in fact, that I hope it is
something we can do from time-to-time.  I think every year, at a minimum, is
something we should consider.  I think every 6 months would be even better.
Anyway it is something I hope we can kick around.

I would like to send out a GREAT big thank you to Skip, Bob and John for
taking time out of their busy schedules to get us in the airplane.  I, for
one, appreciate it more than you know.  I think the training all of us
received was superior, both on the ground and in the air.  I would like to
especially thank John as he is the one who embraced this idea and allowed us
the use of his facility for the training on Friday night and flew several
sorties to make sure all of us got some time in the airplane.  Also I would
be completely remiss if I didn't thank Dan Hollins for incubating this idea
and enabling it with making sure everything was coordinated.  So KUDOS
gentlemen for a successful weekend and again on behalf of everyone I thank
you!  I hope we can do it again.

I would also like to thank all of you.  It would not have been as successful
without your attendance.  We had 100% turnout for the ground school AND
flying!  These types of things cannot move forward without 100%
participation.  I appreciate that so THANK YOU!!!!!

I am not sure times, but I know that every pilot that wanted to fly this
weekend had that opportunity (thank you Mother Nature).  Bryce sent a couple
of pictures (attached) and I know there were a couple other cameras out.
Please put them out on the LISTSERV when you respond to this.  By the way
Bryce those pictures turned out FANTASTIC!  DSCO1261-1 looks like it could
win an award!  So thank you for doing that!  Just some housekeeping though,
please keep the file size small if you can.

Ok, I need everyone who flew to e-mail me your snail mail address.  If you
don't know what that means I need your physical Unites States Post Office
mailing address ASAP.  Please get that to me right away so that I can get it
to Skip.

I am still waiting for names that need keys to the gate at Milliard.  Please
get back to me if you need keys.  I don't think everyone will get a set but
nonetheless Dan still wanted me to get names.

If you have any other logistical questions please contact Captain Dan
Hollins.

Very Respectfully,

Scott M. Voichoskie
City Administrator