<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V1 #2

  • From: Greg Fundyler <gyf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 13:48:27 -0500

Ross Nelson wrote:

> Sweeeeeeet.  You serious?  1/3rd?!??!?!??!!?  And, the Deluxe versions of
> Linux are so worth it too.  The Complete edition of Linux-Mandrake is only
> $29.95 at Wal-Mart (I have it, just can't use it on here), and it's worth
> it.  Tons of cool programs, as well as StarOffice 5.1a (on a CD).

Yep! Only $60 billion left! BTW, 5.2 is the current vesion of
StarOffice, it's been out for quite a while.

> Quit your job!  Stupid boss!  AHHHHHHHH!  ( j/k )

Actually, he is waiting for me to go down there and put Win98 back on
it. He doesn't need WinME. But, he has software that requires
Windows...  :(
If only there was a good program for Linux that could ship packages and
do all this other stuff!

> Erwin, WE NEED CALinux!  Everyone's moving to Linux, or being pressured to
> do so.  * dreams of CALinux *

LoL! That would be a good name for it. But, I don't think that a port of
a Win31 shell can compete with GNOME and KDE. (Sorry.) Maybe program a
Calmira-like window manager or something to use under GNOME and KDE, I
think KDE supports wm replacements. Something like: centered title bar,
right-click on min/max to close (no X button), etc. Calmira has tons of
great features.

> Ross

This is getting off-topic though. This list is for Windows 3.1 and
Calmira.  :)

- Greg