<CT> Re: Tray and QuickLaunch

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:51:07 +0200

GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Basically, in my opinion, the Quick Launch results in a
> greatly increased resource usage on a Win98 machine
> when you compare it to a Win95. Is this Quick Launch bar on
> Calmira II 4 going to result in similar resource usage?  If
> so, will it be possible to disable Quick Launch entirely and
> use only the "Tray" area for quick access?

No and no.

Remember, Calmira is not Windows 98. I program Calmira very differently
from how MS codes Windows 98. There is no resource penalty, as all I did
was move the alias applets from the tray to the quickbar.

You may find they are much easier to access... have you tried right
clicking on the quickbar? You can add, edit and remove quickbar items on
the fly.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter