<CT> Re: Subsystems and more

  • From: "Reid Solberg" <reids@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:54:50 -0700

> Well, if Microsoft (who has the source code to Windows) couldn't make
> Win32s work right, I doubt if anybody else could, either, without getting
> their hands on the windows source. (Just my theory. I may be wrong.)
Actually I know this much- Win32s works perfectly... for what it was
designed for, running Windows NT 3.x 32-bit applications.  There are many
differences between the early NT software and even Windows 95 stuff.

> Also, I don't think Delphi 1 would be appropiate, because it's a 16-bit
> program, so it creates 16-bit programs. It's possible, but it's a /whole
> lot/
> harder.
Yes, definetly agree with that, but the subsystem code can't be 32-bit,
unless we want to have it running on top of the Win32s subsystem, which we
don't want. Now that I think about it, Borland C++ which is beyond me might
be the answer.  What does Microsoft use?