<CT> Re: Is anybody still there?

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:53:41 -0400

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:05:24 -0500, Ross Nelson <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Linux may or may not run on it! :D

(referring to my old Toshiba laptop with an '086 type processor)

Not a chance. I looked it up. The '086 processor is strictly 16-bit,
and Linux is strictly 32-bit.

And, due to trouble getting email out from Comcast, my correction
message, pointing out that my Windows for Workgroups is version
3.11, was posted in this mailing list multiple times before the
original message, incorrectly saying it was version 3.1, finally
appeared.

Sorry about that.... Can anybody give a direct comparison of Verizon
(or competitor) DSL vs. Comcast cable with respect to service
problems like DNS and email failures? And/or with respect to outage?

--
                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ