<CT> Re: Annoying Listar Error

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:21:31 -0600 (MDT)

On Oct 4, Greg Fundyler wrote to calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>After I sent that last e-mail, I got a message telling me that I had
>quoted too much and the message was rejected. It said to keep quotes to
>25% or less. Yet, the message came through. Sometimes I do quote more
>than I write, but so do a lot of other people. And the only time we ever
>have problems with that is when someone quotes an ENTIRE digest, which
>doesn't happen often anyway. Can it be turned off or something, I think
>that is the second error message I got.

Yes, that's a list setting - I set it so that if more than 10 lines are
quoted in a block, the message is set aside for moderation...

Please do keep quoting down to a minimum, remember that some of the
members here are in places where they have to pay for bandwidth by
connect time and/or bytes.

However, you're right that the auto message (which I wrote) is a little
misleading; the message wasn't rejected at all. I'll change that to be
worded better. As to the limit, I'll raise it to 12 lines to help a
little, but I'm not taking the limit off altogether...

-=Brian=-