<CT> Calmira on New PC

  • From: "Martin Porter" <m.porter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:12:58 +1100

Hello all.

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance with my current problem.

I recently got a new PC - PIII 733MHz, 128k, 20G, SiS630.  It's this latter
component, the integrated chipset (actually a single chip) that's causing
the problem I believe.  I've created a 1G partition and installed DOS 6.22
and WFW3.11 with Calmira II v3.1.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to find SiS630 video drivers for Win3.x and
the only standard generic resolutions that work are those with 16 colours or
less!  Worse still, I'm unable to control the scan frequency, which results
in unacceptable flicker.

Does anyone know of any alternative generic display drivers I could try?
I've already tried the SciTech Display Doctor utility.  No luck.

Any advice/ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,
Martin