[calibrebooks] Re: What are people reading

  • From: Eve Smyth <fairlady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 18:14:37 +0100

Liz, I remember having to read "Great Expectations" at age
twelve, and really struggling.  I like Dickens now, but wouldn't
call him a favourite.  Thomas Hardy didn't make much sense to me
then either, but I gave him another go in my early twenties and
since then have read nearly all his novels and many of his short
stories.  But I'm not sure I'll ever read Shakespeare, though
I can enjoy watching his plays, with audio-description.  Eve

-Sent from my magic machine.