[cad-linux] Re: CAD for Schools (UK)

  • From: Dan Falck <dfalck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 06:08:30 -0800

One thing to look at is using Bricscad under wine/linux.  It's not open
source, but it's cost is very reasonable.  I'm an open source advocate,
but if there is something that isn't there yet, I tend to go towards the
path of least resistance.
I have used Bricscad on my Ubuntu Breezy Badger Linux box and it works
very well.

Another avenue might be to get the school system together with the
company that develops Opencascade and help them to set up a project for
a CAD system.  I have talked with the Opencascade SA and they are very
willing to develop something that can stay open source.  Development is
their source of income.

Dan