[cad-linux-dev] Re: uber-converter points data storage

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD linux development <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:54:41 -0500

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Bruno Postle
# on Friday 20 August 2004 11:41 am:

>> Looking at points as if they were layers might give us some
>> insight. =A0Pythoncad uses a points table to track the points of all
>> of the entities. =A0Why don't we have points objects (not the marks
>> that are currently typed as 'points) and just have a list of
>> pointIDs inside each object?
>
>Ultimately both should work - Being able to link to a point in
>another entity is necessary if parametrics and restraints are going
>to be supported.

Okay, but parametrics and restraints are NOT going to happen in the=20
first-generation hub.  As a working codename, I'm going to call this hub=20
"Genesis" for now.  Further exploration of this issue will appear in the=20
forthcoming 'hub-is-a-node' document.

=2D-Eric
=2D-=20
"But as to modern architecture, let us drop it and let us take=20
modernistic out and shoot it at sunrise."
                                        --F.L. Wright